Pumpkins are not only alkaline, but also very low in calories which make them an ideal vegetable for anybody who watches its weight.
Moreover, pumpkins are rich in potassium, magnesium, zinc, fiber, iron as well as beta-carotene (antioxidant), which are really good at neutralizing free radicals.
Ingredients for 1 tray
- 1 pumpkin
- ¼ cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt or organic salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of curry powder
- 1 pinch of cumin powder
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut pumpkin in halves, scoop out the strings and seeds, wash each section and use a sharp knife to peel the large pieces. Then cut the pulp in stripes, similar to French Fries.
- Spread the pumpkin stripes onto the tray, spray with olive oil (or pour the oil carefully if you don't have an oil sprayer) and season with salt, pepper, curry powder and cumin powder.
- Bake for around 30-40 minutes, toss occasionally.
These alkaline pumpkin fries are a great snack, you can also enjoy them with an alkalizing dip.